Six Reasons to Build with Faswall Wall Forms
Health & Comfort
Faswall® is non-toxic, vapor-permeable, and is sound-proof. Creates an exceptionally healthy & comfortable indoor environment.
Faswall® is a dream come true for do-it-yourself builders. Faswall® blocks are dry stacked — no mortar needed! Less than 30lbs per block.
The reinforced concrete walls created by Faswall® will last for centuries. Build your legacy home with Faswall®.
Made with recycled, organic building materials (no chemicals or toxins). Faswall® is the material of choice for green-conscious builders.
The superior insulation properties of Faswall® mean significantly reduced heating and cooling costs. Maintenance costs are also reduced.
Safety & Security
Faswall® offers superior resistance to fire, deadly wind, and earthquakes so you can sleep safe and sound in your Faswall® home.
Features and Benefits of Faswall Wall Construction
Faswall® wall construction materials benefit you in six ways:
HEALTHY | SIMPLE | SUSTAINABLE | DURABLE | SAFE | AFFORDABLE
Simplicity: A Dream Come True for the Do-It-Yourself Builder
- Faswall® blocks are dry stacked — no mortar needed!
- Cuts with standard circular saws and reciprocating saws.
- Nail and screw directly into Faswall.
- Builders crew installs, no need for special subs.
Sustainability: A Satisfying Solution For the Environmentally-Conscious Builder
- Organic - Made of organic and earthen materials
- Clean - No polystyrene plastics or foams
- Unrivaled Insulating / thermal
- Made with recycled wood-chips
Affordability: Long-Term Savings for the Value Builder
- Material costs recouped in 5-7 years due to Energy Savings (vs Stick Frame)
- Labor Savings for DIY or Builders due to light weight and ease of use.
- Lower Risk of blowout in concrete filling, and less bracing required
- Direct wall surfacing reduces steps, materials, labor
- Low maintenance interior + exterior
Durability+ Longevity : Confidence for the Legacy Builder
- Not susceptible to Rot or Insects
- Does not degrade over time
- Wood Fiber Cement composites last centuries.
Health & Comfort: Breathe Easier, Live Better
- Direct Stucco or Plaster surface finish - no added toxins
- Sound Reducing
Safety & Security: Peace of Mind for Conscientious Homeowners
- Fire Resistant
- Withstands Freezing
- Meets Codes
- Suitable for all Seismic Zones
After World War II, amidst the rubble and destruction, a way was discovered to take the huge volumes of wood waste, grind it into chips, mineralize the chips to neutralize the natural sugars that cause rot, and bond them to cement to form a building block. This is the genesis of the Faswall® ICF Wall Form.
Since then, tens of thousands of homes, commercial buildings, and many other projects have been built in North America, Europe, and Asia with this remarkable green building system. This remains one of the preferred methods of building in Europe. It has been available in North America for thirty years.
In 1987, Hans and Leni Walter of K-X Faswall International Corp. advanced the product with a patented mineralization process that allows virtually any wood or cellulose fiber to be bonded to cement.