Faswall vs Straw, Adobe, Cob
Faswall is a great Foundation for Straw structures:
Faswall gives people building with straw bale, timber frame or clay/straw slipform a good base wall system to support upper walls.
As you have discovered, Faswall® is a remarkable building material that creates a high-performing building envelope.
To review the Faswall® features:
- Highly resistant to rot and decay
- Mold free
- High thermal mass, which means no abrupt indoor temperature swings
- Highly insulative for minimal energy use
- Creates a very quiet indoor environment
- Non-toxic, organic building materials
- Vapor permeable, which means no abrupt humidity swings and no mold
- Over 60 percent recycled content
- Ideal DIY home construction material
- 4-hour fire rating
- Lasts for centuries
How about compared to alternative building materials like straw bale, cob, and adobe?
“We did a lot of research on various green building systems but settled on Faswall. Not only did it seem like the “greenest” technology, but the ease of building compared to other systems seemed like a good choice for an owner/builder. What we didn’t expect, but were totally delighted with, was how knowledgable and helpful the people at Faswall were. We couldn’t have done it without you!”
-Ted and Donna Havecheck