Faswall vs Straw, Adobe, Cob
Both: Faswall is a great Foundation for Straw structures:
Faswall gives people building with straw bale, timber frame or clay/straw slipform a good base wall system to support upper walls. Example:
Innovative Use of Clay Slip Straw with Faswall:
Comparison of Faswall or Adobe or Straw:
Our team has extensive experience in building with straw, adobe and cob, and has settled on Faswall for its ease of building, and use in a broad range of settings and applications, without compromising on sustainability. Its major advantage is that no special knowledge is needed to build with Faswall. Any contractor, builder or DIY'er who can build with standard ICF can sustainably build with Faswall using standard tools for wood construction.
Faswall® is a remarkable building material that creates a high-performing building envelope.
To review the Faswall® features:
- Lasts for centuries Highly resistant to rot and decay
- Mold free
- High thermal mass, which means no abrupt indoor temperature swings
- Highly insulative for minimal energy use
- Creates a very quiet indoor environment
- Non-toxic, organic building materials
- Vapor permeable, which means no abrupt humidity swings and no mold
- Over 60 percent recycled content
- Ideal DIY home construction material
- Fire Resistant 4-hour fire rating
How about compared to alternative building materials like straw bale, cob, and adobe?
“We did a lot of research on various green building systems but settled on Faswall. Not only did it seem like the “greenest” technology, but the ease of building compared to other systems seemed like a good choice for an owner/builder. What we didn’t expect, but were totally delighted with, was how knowledgable and helpful the people at Faswall were. We couldn’t have done it without you!”
-Ted and Donna Havecheck