Faswall vs Foam Insulated Concrete forms
Q. “Why should I go with Faswall® block as opposed to a foam ICF product that is less costly?
- Material Cost does not Equal Building Cost
With the need for far less bracing during installation and less concrete infill than most of the foam ICF’s, Faswall’s installed cost is competitive with most foam ICF’s on the market. Furthermore, the ease of finishing Fallwall with Stucco and Plaster can be substantial savings over traditional ICF.Plus Faswall offers superior performance.
- Energy Efficiency = Lower Utility Costs
Better performance of the thermal mass, since the insulation is on the outside of the concrete rather than encasing the thermal mass between sheets of insulation. This leads to lower utility costs.
- "Breathable" = Healthier and More Comfortable
Unlike foam ICF’s Faswall® is vapor permeable, which eliminates moisture and mold for your long-term health and decreased maintenance.
- Environmentally Friendly Faswall is made with 100% Recycled and Organic materials, reducing carbon and environmental footprint.
- Fire Resistance Unlike foam insulated concrete forms or conventional stick-framed walls, Faswall® block cannot burn or melt.
Faswall vs Regular ICF Foam Blocks
“A lot of standard ICFs are made out of Styrofoam. When you want to stucco, you have to do a whole other procedure for preparing it. With Faswall, after you’ve poured the wall you can finish them. The surface texture is excellent for plastering. It saves some time and some steps.” Plus, he says, his old home in Maine had Styrofoam insulation that attracted ants.
Coleman Pulsifer , California
As you have discovered, Faswall® is a remarkable building material that creates a high-performing building envelope.
To review the Faswall® features:
- Highly resistant to rot and decay
- Mold free
- High thermal mass, which means no abrupt indoor temperature swings
- Highly insulative for minimal energy use
- Creates a very quiet indoor environment
- Non-toxic, organic building materials
- Vapor permeable, which means no abrupt humidity swings and no mold
- Over 60 percent recycled content
- Ideal DIY home construction material
- 4-hour fire rating
- Lasts for centuries
“We did a lot of research on various green building systems but settled on Faswall. Not only did it seem like the “greenest” technology, but the ease of building compared to other systems seemed like a good choice for an owner/builder. What we didn’t expect, but were totally delighted with, was how knowledgable and helpful the people at Faswall were. We couldn’t have done it without you!”
-Ted and Donna Havecheck